See what's happening in Selma and Dallas County.
Central Alabama Fall Festival (Central Alabama Fair)
***Our 2020 Fair will open on Tuesday Night instead of Monday
Tuesday, October 6-Saturday, October 10, 2020
Lion's Fair Park
The Selma Lions Club and the Central Alabama Fair Association hope you will join us for the Central Alabama Fall Festival. We would like to share the following information:
1.Due to COVID-19 there can be no usual 2020 fair.
2. Archway Amusements and SunShine Amusements WILL be coming from October 6-10, 2020 and will set up on the midway at the Lions Fair Park, 2401 West Dallas Ave., Selma.
3. This event will be called the Central Alabama Fall Festival.
4. There will be no exhibits, no beauty pageants, no Sing-Off, no Petting zoo, and no Arts and Crafts.
5. Gates will open at 5:30 p.m. on Tuesday through Friday and will open at 1:00 pm on Saturday, Oct. 10th.
6. Gate tickets are $5.00 EVERY day. Children under 36” tall get in free! (There will be NO canned goods collected for admission.)
7. There will be a few local booths and foods. The usual "fair foods" will also be on the midway.
8. The Carnival/Amusement company will be cleaning and sanitizing the rides at intervals as specified in the CDC Guidelines.
9. Hand sanitizers will be located throughout the midway and the Fair Park.
10.. Masks are REQUIRED and must be worn according to the current Alabama mandatory mask mandate.
11. Temperatures will be checked at the gate and you will be asked the following questions:
- Have you been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 within the last 14 days?
- Are you experiencing a new cough, shortness of breath, or sore throat?
- Have you had a fever in the last 48 hours?
- Have you had new loss of taste or smell?
- Have you had vomiting or diarrhea in the last 24 hours?
The Selma Lions Club appreciates your patronage and your cooperation during these unusual times.
Boy Scouts of Selma-Dallas County 4th Annual Shrimp Boil, Saturday, October 10th from 4:00 pm-7:00 pm at Play Selma on Water Avenue. Tickets are $30 for single and $50 for couple. Ticket includes Ticket includes all the boiled shrimp, sausage, corn, potatoes, and coleslaw you can eat plus two drink passes (beer or wine) per ticket. There will be live entertainment and door prizes. Sponsorships are available for $300, which includes 4 tickets, 12 drink passes and sponsors name on t-shirts and banner. For tickets or more information, call Leith Wilson at 334-419-5067 or email .